- Chemicals and acids can easily damage pearls. Always apply hair spray, cosmetics and perfume before putting on your pearl jewellery.
- Avoid wearing pearl jewellery while bathing, doing housework or exercising.
- Wipe your pearl jewellery with a soft, clean damp jewellery cloth after wearing.
- Get your pearl strands restrung every few years or when the silk threads look frayed and dirty.
- Store your pearl jewellery separately in a jewellery box to prevent scratches on pearl surfaces.
- Never store pearl jewellery in an airtight environment (e.g. a zip lock bag) to prevent dehydration.
- Avoid wearing diamond jewellery while swimming. Prolonged exposure to chlorinated water can damage the precious metals used for setting the diamonds.
- Clean your diamond jewellery with a soft toothbrush in warm, soapy water and wipe with a clean jewellery cloth.
- Store your diamond jewellery separately from other jewellery in a jewellery box.