Diamonds are known as a symbol of love and are one of the most sought after gemstones for centuries. How much do you know about diamonds apart from that?
Here are 5 interesting facts about diamonds that you might not know!
- Diamond derives from the Greek word adamas which means "invincible".
- Diamonds are the hardest gems in the world.
- Diamonds are the only gem made of a single element - carbon.
- Diamonds form under high temperature & high pressure conditions.
- Diamonds are brought closer to the surface of the earth by volcanic activities.